Put a little Trick in your treat this year as HNE delves into the demonic origins of the Jack-O-Lantern and the history of Trick or Treaters. You may think twice about carving that pumpkin after hearing it all originated from a deal with the devil. The boys also toy with the theory that U.S. Trick or Treating all began as a Fraternity kegger. Plus, the final 4 of our Monster Madness Challenge, to find the deadliest movie monster villain of all time. In the end, you may not answer your door this All Hallows Eve.
Episode Time Stamps:
0:00 – Intro
1:39 – The Origin of the Jack-O-Lantern:
- 3:58 – Stingy Jack and his deal with the Devil
- 8:19 – The Devil and his love for trees
10:26 – Mexican Folklore & The Boogeyman
13:12 – Are Jack-O-Lanterns Bad?
16:17 – The Trump-Cursing Witches Are Back!
17:45 – The meaning and purpose we attach to symbols
22:38 – The Irish are completely demented
24:25 – Our podcast was birthed on Halloween
25:18 – The Confession Project – Part Dos
27:56 – The Origin of Trick Or Treating:
- 29:00 – Dressing up as Jack of the Lantern
- 31:40 – Modern day Trick or Treating
- 34:00 – How people have made Trick or Treat evil
- 36:55 – Chris’s childhood memories are straight out of Stranger Things
43:08 – Is Trick or Treating ok?
47:11 – Monster Survivor Madness – Week 4